This guide was being created, keeping newcomers in mind
✌️Hello, dear Octie, and welcome to the first installment of an upcoming Octogamex User Guide article series designed to break down the whole Octogamex situation so that you gain thorough understanding of how the platform and its mechanics work, how to use it, what it’s capable of, what its most prominent features are and the like.
This guide was being created keeping newcomers in mind. So, beginners, we are ready to commence your initiation. And veterans, feel free to skip some steps you already familiar with. Make yourself comfortable, buckle up, and enjoy the ride.
🚘This time we’re going to drive you through the entire process of hooking up any of the possible wallets to the marketplace.
🟢 How Do I Sign Up or Log In?
To kick things off with Octogamex you need to first have one of the crypto wallets compatible with the platform (MetaMask, Trust, or one of the wallets hookable via WalletConnect).
1️⃣ Step — Installing a Wallet (Skip If Done)
If you don’t have a wallet yet, you can grab one from here:
- 🦊 MetaMask: Download Page — select your platform then click “Install MetaMask.”
- 🛡 Trust Wallet: Download Page— select your platform then click the store button (mobile & tablet-only).
- 🌀 WalletConnect-supported wallets: Wallets Page— choose the wallet you like by clicking its icon. This will take you to the wallet’s official website where you can pick your platform and go on to install the wallet app (mobile & tablet-only).
It takes just a few steps regardless of the crypto wallet to get it up and running: you download the app, input your basic data, copy and stow your seed phrase in a secure location, and then you’re good to go.
❕ Important to note that connecting a wallet to Octogamex, you carry out a combined procedure of signing up and logging in. This takes out one redundant step of manually typing in your personal information. Your wallet is your entry pass. As simple as that.
2️⃣ Step — Choosing a Wallet
Once you have your wallet set up you can proceed to clicking the “Connect Wallet” button on the home page.
❕ Note that the mobile version will require you to click the three stripes first,
then click “Connect Wallet,”
before getting you to the list of wallet options.
3️⃣ Step —🦊 Connecting MetaMask (Desktop)
On hitting the “MetaMask” button, the button area turns bright green and the MetaMask extension pops up.
You wait a couple of seconds,
then enter your password and click “Unlock.”
Next up is the “Connect With MetaMask 1 of 2” dialog box where you can:
1. Select all MetaMask wallet accounts to connect to Octogamex, in case you have multiple.
2. Select what MetaMask wallet account(s) to connect to Octogamex, in case you have multiple.
3. Instantly create a brand-new account to use with Octogamex.
Action 3 — Create a new account:
- Rename the account if needed.
- Click “Save.”
Once all the desired actions are performed, click the “Next” button.
This will bring you to the “Connect to Octogamex 2 of 2” dialog box where you need to click “Connect.”
The next step for you is to confirm the whole thing by clicking “Sign” in the “Signature Request” dialog box.
You’ll be greeted with the “Logged In” notification in the bottom left corner.
And your wallet’s address will be displayed in the top right one.
🎉And that’s it. You’re all set to start exploring the platform
❕ Note that the “Connect With MetaMask 1 of 2” and “2 of 2” dialog boxes only appear when you first connect your wallet to the platform. Only the “Signature Request” dialog box will appear from then on while logging in by clicking the “Connect Wallet” button, since the “Connect Wallet” connecting a wallet is required only once.
3️⃣ Step —🦊 Connecting MetaMask (Mobile & Tablet)
❕ Important: MetaMask requires its built-in browser to work properly (or rather work at all).
So head to your MetaMask app first. Then tap the three blue stripes in the top left corner.
Pick the account you want to connect and use with Octogamex in case you have multiple. To do that, tap the name of your current account.
The account list will slide in. Pick the one to go.
❕ Note that:
1. If you want a brand-new account to use with Octogamex, you can just tap “Create New Account.” A new account will be created and checked instantly.
2. This same menu allows you to import an account.
Next step, Choose “Browser” in the slide-in menu on the left.
This will fire up MetaMask’s built-in browser. There, type the marketplace web address (https://octogamex.com/) into the search bar and go to the Octogamex website.
Having opened Octogamex, hit the three green stripes in the top right corner,
Then tap the “Connect Wallet” button.
The list of wallet options will pop up. Choose MetaMask.
The dialog box will slide in. Tap “Connect,”
in the next one tap “Sign.”
Now, having performed all the necessary confirmation steps, you’re logged in. You will be shown the “Logged In” notification at the top, with your address displayed right below it.
❕ Note that the “Connect to the site?” dialog box only appears when you first connect your wallet to the platform. Only the “Sign this message” dialog box will appear from then on while logging in via the “Connect Wallet” button, since connecting a wallet is required only once.
3️⃣ Step — 🛡 Connecting Trust Wallet (Mobile & Tablet-Only)
Tap the “Trust” button.
This will activate the WalletConnect GUI. Choose “Trust” there.
Your Trust Wallet app will open up next. Tap “Connect” in the “Confirm” dialog box displayed.
You’ll need to wait a few seconds before proceeding.
Then click “Confirm” in the “Signature Request” dialog box.
❗️ Important: known connection issues with Trust Wallet:
- On clicking the “Connect” button in the “Confirm” dialog box and going back to the browser, a link opens in the browser, suggesting to download the Trust app when it’s already installed.
- “Session Was Disconnected” error.
- The “Trust” and “WalletConnect” buttons have turned bright green with loading circles spinning, but nothing happens.
All these mishaps can be dealt with by reloading both your mobile browser and the Trust app until you’re through with each step of the connection procedure.
3️⃣ Step — 🌀 Connecting WalletConnect-Supported Wallets (Mobile & Tablet-Only)
First tap the “WalletConnect” button.
This will open up the WalletConnect GUI. Choose whatever wallet you prefer from the vast selection of 94 mobile wallet apps (less Trust and MetaMask).
Or just scan a QR code right in your wallet app.
✅Getting the WalletConnect protocol onboard we provided our users with an extreme level of flexibility. In the world of DeFi and web 3.0 you get to decide what financial application to use with websites. So enjoy your freedom!
In today’s installment, Part 1 of 4, of the upcoming Octogamex User Guide we took a close look at how to log in and sign to the Octogamex marketplace by connecting your wallet. The the exhaustive, screenshot-boosted information laid out in the manual on each step the Octogamex user should follow in order to start off moving their NFTs around, making money, is intended to answer the vast majority of questions and eliminate confusion.
Let’s go trading!
🧭 User Guide Navigator:
- 1️⃣ Step — Installing a Wallet
- 2️⃣ Step — Choosing a Wallet
- 3️⃣ Step — 🦊 Connecting MetaMask (Desktop)
- 3️⃣ Step — 🦊 Connecting MetaMask (Mobile & Tablet)
- 3️⃣ Step — 🛡 Connecting Trust Wallet (Mobile & Tablet-Only)
- 3️⃣ Step — 🌀 Connecting WalletConnect-Supported Wallets (Mobile & Tablet-Only)
- 🍀My Profile
- 🍏 My NFTs
- ✅ My Listings
- 💚 Favorites
- 📗 Active Offers
- 🏷 Sell
- 💹 Auction
- 🤝 Trade
- ➡️ Transfer
- 📄 Visit Page
- 🔗 Copy Link
- 🏷 “Sale” Type Listings
- 💹 “Auction” Type Listings
- 🤝 “Trade” Type Listings